Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rising Student Debt

Yikes! The average debt of American college seniors is closing in on $25K. A recent NY Times article focuses on undergraduate debt as a burden on freshly graduated job seekers, but I imagine an identical article could be written about recent business school grads. The double-edged sword, of course, is the rising cost of education (e.g., GSB total budget is up ~5% from last year) coupled with a dearth of lucrative jobs, especially in the financial sector.

I should probably consider removing my DEBT/saving cash "in and out" entry on the left...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to a full tuition schol from Goizueta, it's not the repayment part that worries me.. I am worried about getting the loans for the rest of the expenses. :-|

Post a Comment