Friday, February 13, 2009

Late to the blogging game

Since I first received a couple invitations to interview during the class of 2011 round 1 business school application cycle, I have been completely addicted to online forums and blogs pertaining to the MBA admissions process. I'm talking about student blogs, applicant blogs, admissions consultant blogs, the schools' own admission department blogs... plus, the dreaded Business Week forum. Thank god I didn't discover any of these online time drains until after my applications were submitted.

I thought that an acceptance or two would curtail my obsession, but to no avail. My significant other sometimes finds me reading threads debating schools to which I never even considered applying late into the night. Sick. Also, I've found myself a bit jealous of those applicants who began blogging early in the process and can track their ups and downs during this challenging time. So in an effort to divert my energy to more productive use and in recognition that I need an outlet for reflection, I have decided to start my own blog, which may or may not chronicle my experiences before, during, and after Stanford Graduate School of Business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am the exact same way about the BW forums and it drives my boyfriend crazy! I can't wait for the rest of R2 decision to come out, so I can try to relax. I too started tracking my b-school progress after I stumbled on a lot of blogs. Good luck at Stanford!

Anonymous said...

I happen to stumble upon your blog from Soni's page. I'm going to read every post now and I'm glad you decided to contribute:)

Post a Comment